27.1.13

how do u know what u want 3 (Y not?)

Again, to your question about how do you know what you want... well it's an endless issue I have to say.

It's a good starting pint to know who you are. I know these words don't help, because: Who on Earth knows himself/herself enough??

If you were expecting easy answers, I am afraid this is not the place you are looking for. However, I can still tell you a couple of hints for you to find it out yourself.

The first one is related to another post I wrote, about when as a child I wanted to buy something and I didn't know what it was. I needed to see the options, I needed to try some of them, I had the curiosity for something new, that's what I wanted. Later in life I realized it was a behavior I tended to repeat, and somehow I keep on doing it. After all, it's not too bad, I mean, getting to know other people, other tastes, other ways of thinking, other places, other ideas, and so on.

Therefore, my hint is for you to try something new whenever you have the chance to do it. Maybe next time you will discover what you really really want.

The second is more related to who we are, and the trends we are following, what defines us, what makes us different from others, and what others think about us. But don't be afraid, you don't need to conduct a research among your relatives, and friends, and professors (if you, it would be much better.) I will make a guess, you, the one who reads, same as me, the one who writes, belong to the Generation Y. In case you don't, don't feel excluded, the fact that you are reading this means that you will feel identified with our characteristics.

So, what is Generation Y. It is not only the one following Generation X, there several studies already on the topic. Wait, who am I to tell you all about us if I haven't conducted any of those studies?... Well, I will simply say that our generation is different from others in several ways. Most of us are global, and are affected by the same international new day after day, and we share it all through the social networks and are connected to each other 24/7 with smartphones. We have grown in similar circumstances, with similar values, education systems, governments, social problems. Then we will share many ideas, many tastes, virtues and bad habits, rights and wrongs.

Now, some people are skeptic that we can do some good to the world. To summarize, they say we are the worst generation ever. This is just some general information. Read more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Y
http://legalcareers.about.com/od/practicetips/a/GenerationY.htm
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-04-19/national/35452484_1_young-adults-religious-group-millennials
http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2012/09/solving_gen_ys_passion_problem.html

For closing for this post, the last page did not come all by itself, I found it after watching this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment