23.11.10

Moonrise

Have you ever seen a moonrise?

well I was not very aware of it. I just knew the moon shines with a beautiful light once in a month or so, but it was until tonight that I discovered it. I don't even know whether the word exists or not, but it was the first concept that popped up into my mind when I saw it.

actually I almost forgot to write about this. It's such a little thing, such a forgettable thing when there is a world of things to do before relaxing and staring at the sky quietly. however, I just walked downstairs, and I saw the white brightness reflected in the wall, meaning a shiny moon in clear dark sky. I couldn't see the moon itself, but I'm sure it is shining like it doesn't usually does, and it started in the horizon, a couple of hours ago.

It was already dark, no ray of daylight in the sky. And suddenly a huge reddish spot at the very end of the East side of the firmament. Little by little, showing itself. Firstly, completely amorphous, but taking an oval shape, and then becoming more and more round, passing to orangish and yellowish colors, gaining brightness and height over the horizon.

I really wish I had the time to watch it from the very beginning, until it became completely white, right up in the sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment